REPRESENTING THE PUBLIC BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SYSTEMS FOR CALIFORNIA COUNTIES
Each year, the CBHDA Governing Board – acting on preliminary recommendations from the CBHDA Legislative Committee – identifies major public policy issues that the Association should be focusing on, and develops a platform that will guide the association’s advocacy efforts in the coming year. The following links will provide you with information about CBHDA’s legislative and public policy priorities.
2018 Sponsored Bills
- SB 688 (Moorlach) Mental Health Services Act: revenue and expenditure reports
- SB 1010 (Beall) Parolees: Supportive Housing Pilot Program
- AB 2043 (Arambula) Foster youth: family urgent response system
- AB 2861 (Salas) Medi-Cal: telehealth: substance use disorders
Legislative Bill Tracking
CBHDA tracks and monitors legislative activity through a web interface that allows us to receive up-to-date information on state legislation. Our legislative bill matrix is linked to this service, which will allow you to view the most recent activity on those bills we are tracking.
- CBHDA Legislative Bill Matrix To read CBHDA letters on bills click on the bill number in the matrix. (Link)
- California State Association of Counties (CSAC) Legislative Tracking (Link)
CBHDA Legislative Score Card
- To find out which Legislators represent you and your community, visit www.leginfo.ca.gov/yourleg.html and enter your zip code.
- Senate Budget Committee Members (Link)
- Assembly Budget Committee Members (Link)
- Official California Legislative Information: Bill Information (Link)
- Official California Legislative Information: Code of Regulations (Link)
- (CA State Senate) Legislative Process (Link)
- (California Budget Project) Dollars & Democracy: A Guide to the State Budget Process (Link)
For More Information
- Thomas Renfree – Interim Executive Director
Contact for current legislation, state budget issues, and association matters.
- Mary Adèr, MPP, MPH – Deputy Director, Legislative Affairs
You must be logged in to post a comment.