The 2020 County Health Rankings & Roadmaps Program- California
- Build awareness of the multiple factors that influence health
- Provide a reliable, sustainable source of local data and evidence to communities to help them identify opportunities to improve their health
- Engage and activate local leaders from many sectors in creating sustainable community change, and
- Connect & empower community leaders working to improve health.
What and Why We Rank
By ranking the health of nearly every county in the nation, the County Health Rankings help communities understand what influences how healthy residents are and how long they will live. These comparisons among counties provide context and demonstrate that where you live, and many other factors including race/ethnicity, can deeply impact your ability to live a healthy life. The Rankings not only provide this snapshot of your county’s health, but also are used to drive conversations and action to address the health challenges and gaps highlighted in these findings.
The Rankings are based on a model of population health that emphasizes the many factors that, if improved, can help make communities healthier places to live, learn, work and play. Building on the work of America’s Health Rankings, the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute has used this model to rank the health of Wisconsin’s counties every year since 2003, and nearly every county in the nation since 2010. See Featured Reports,
How Healthy is Your Community?
- The annual Rankings provide a revealing snapshot of how health is influenced by where we live, learn, work and play. They provide a starting point for change in communities.
5 Orange (OR) 13 San Diego (SD) 21 Los Angeles (LO) 26 Riverside (RI) 40 San Bernardino (SB)
Steps to Move Your Community Forward