Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Housing Program Semi-Annual Report, October 2016
There are four stages to the MHSA Housing Program loan application process:
1) applications pending review of a loan program officer;
2) loan application approval;
3) closing of the development loan; and
4) project completion with the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy by the county building department.
The number of applications submitted has slowly leveled off since the program’s inception in 2007. Timelines between the loan application stages are as follows:
- Stage 1 to Stage 2—The median lag time between Stage 1 (Application Pending Review) and Stage 2 (Loan Application Approval) is four months from the date of submission.
- Stage 2 to Stage 3—The median lag time between Stage 2 (Loan Application Approval) and Stage 3 (Loan Closure) was almost 10 months.
- Stage 3 to Stage 4—The median lag time between Stage 3 (Loan Closure) and Stage 4 (Project Completion) was the longest stage with a median lag of 15 months.
- Overall, the process from application to completion was about 2.3 years.
Special Needs Housing Program (SNHP)
CSS Funds Transferred to CalHFA: Enter the amount of funds transferred to CalHFA for the Local Government Special Needs Housing Program (SNHP). Expenditures should be entered according to the fund source used to pay for the expenditure.
CalHFA operates SNHP on behalf of jurisdictions throughout California. The SNHP allows local governments to use MHSA and other local funds to provide financing for the development of permanent supportive rental housing including units dedicated for individuals with serious mental illness, and their families, who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
The SNHP replaced the expiring MHSA Housing Program as an option for local governments to begin or continue to development supportive housing for MHSA-eligible persons, and to more fully utilize MHSA funds for housing purposes. Participation requires a completed SNHP Participation Agreement between CalHFA and the County.
Source: CA DHCS ANNUAL MHSA REVENUE AND EXPENDITURE REPORT (Enclosure 2) Instruction Manual for Fiscal Year 2016-17 Jun 30, 2017
Orange County Open Housing RFPs (BidSync 06/19/18)
|012-182311||County of Orange||California||Mar 15, 2028 12:00:00 PM PDT||3557 days, 1 hr|