Orange County’s Healthier Together is a community-wide initiative that aligns public and private resources within the public health system to improve health for all communities in Orange County. This initiative is led by the Health Improvement Partnership (HIP).
Orange County’s Healthier Together began in late 2012 when Orange County Health Care Agency, Public Health Services formed the Orange County Community Health Planning Advisory Group in order to assess the county’s health and create a community-driven plan for a healthier Orange County. In May 2014, the group published its inaugural Orange County Health Improvement Plan after an 18-month assessment and planning process. In December 2014, the Advisory Group formalized its membership and became known as Orange County’s Healthier Together Health Improvement Partnership.
Good planning starts with good data. That’s why http://www.OCHealthierTogether.org features the OC Dashboard with more than 200 indicators related to health. The website, launched in 2014, is a place to share our progress and track outcomes related to the Orange County Health Improvement Plan. Today almost 40 organizations are represented on the Health Improvement Partnership and membership continues to grow. Join us as we continue our efforts to improve health for all in Orange County.
What We Do
The Health Improvement Partnership is charged with doing the following to fulfill our vision of a healthy Orange County and an optimal public health system:
1) Community Health Assessment: We support and steer the process for conducting a comprehensive community health assessment for Orange County.
2) Community Health Improvement Plan: We use findings from the community health assessment to update a community health improvement plan, including our priorities, goals, objectives, and strategies.
3) Coordination and Collaboration: We help to coordinate and collaborate with community partners on community health planning and improvement activities in Orange County.
4) Capacity Building: We act as a resource for using data and best practices in community health planning and improvement activities.
5) Leadership: We will provide leadership in addressing community health needs in Orange County.